Monday 24 February 2014

Risotto with Chicken

As mentioned a few times, a very clearly evident if you are following my blog, I am a huge rice-lover. I could practically live on the stuff. 

The below recipe is one my mother used to make for me as a child, and also one I could probably never get bored of. It was one of my favorites when i was younger and continues to rank high in my list of favorite's till today. 

It is easy to make as it does not quite require much prep (especially if you using pre-cooked chicken strips which is what I usually tend to do most of the time). 

                                                     * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

Ingredients: 

- 1 tbsp olive oil 
- 100 g bacon, chopped 
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 100 g peas
- 100 g sweetcorn 
- 100 g mushrooms, sliced
- 300 g risotto rice 
- 900 ml chicken stock 
- Chicken strips, grilled 
- 2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- salt & pepper, to season 


Method: 

Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion and bacon and fry for 2 minutes until softened & browned. Add the peas and sweetcorn (I generally do so from frozen), mix in the rice and coat with the oil. Add the stock, a ladle at a time, stirring continuously. Allow to cook until all the stock has been absorbed. 

Heat a griddle pan and drizzle with olive oil. Grill the chicken strips until cooked through. 

Stir the Parmesan cheese into the rice. Ladle into shallow bowls and top with the grilled chicken. Season well. 


Note: You may choose to add a little bit of white wine to the rice, before adding the stock. 

No comments:

Post a Comment