Thursday 27 February 2014

Cinnamon Crepes


As previously mentioned in another one of my posts for Buttermilk pancakes [recipe at http://my-glutenfree-kitchen.blogspot.com/2014/01/buttermilk-pancakes-for-breakfast.html], I was somewhat obsessed with crepes when I was younger. 

I don't often make these nowadays, however some days I seem to get that craving! I usually choose to make that something different for breakfast at the weekends, as opposed to the usual banana or yoghurt.



For some reason or another I prefer crepes to pancakes. Moreover, not having much of a sweet tooth, I actually choose not to add anything to my crepes after they have been cooked. Most people would opt for nutella, ice cream or syrup, however I just simply roll up my crepe like a cigar and indulge! 


The only twist I add to my crepes, is adding a generours pinch of cinnamon to my batter  - simply divine!!! 

                                               * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

Ingredients: 


- 140 g gluten-free plain flour
- 200 ml milk 
- 100 ml water
- 2 eggs
- 25 g melted butter, plus extra for greasing 
- half a tsp of ground cinnamon 
- pinch of salt

Method: 

Sift the flour with a pinch salt in a bowl. Make a well in the middle, break the eggs into the well and start whisking slowly. Gradually mix in the milk together with the water, until incorporated with the flour. Set aside for 30 minutes.

In the meantime melt the butter in a small pan. Once melted stir in half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Whisk the butter into the flour mixture until smooth. 

Heat a small pan over a medium heat. Lightly grease with melted butter. Using a ladle, pour about 2 tablespoons of batter into the pan and swirl around so that the bottom of the pan is evenly coated. You want to use just enough batter to make a delicate thin crepe. Cook for about 45 second on one side until golden brown then flip and cook the other side for another 30 seconds or until it freckles. 

Slide the pancake out of the pan. Serve immediately or stack on a plate. 


No comments:

Post a Comment