Thursday 20 February 2014

Mushroom Cappucino

Back in the day when I refused to eat vegetables, mushrooms was one of the very few exceptions, closely behind potatoes. Admittedly now, mushrooms are one of my favourite ingredients and I use them in most recipes. 

If you haven't guessed already, I am a huge soup lover. Regardless whether it's winter or summer, I'd never reject a nice hot bowl of soup. It's hard to say which is my favourite soup, and don't think I would actually be able to choose if I'm honest, but mushroom soup definitely makes it to the top 5! 

This recipe is so easy and simple and takes so little time too. I usually make this when I don't have much time too cook. It's also great to serve as a starter. I like to serve this in little Cappucino cups when entertaining friends. This always adds a bit of fun to the dish. 

You can serve this with a side of bread, garlic bread or croutons. Today I've chosen garlic bread as I find that the garlic compliments the soup exceptionally well. 

                                                * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

Ingredients:  

- 100 g mushrooms 
- 1 tbsp olive oil 
- 1 garlic clove, crushed 
- handful spring onions, chopped 
- 25 g butter 
- 75 ml single cream 
- 100 ml vegetable stock 
- pinch of nutmeg
- salt & pepper 

Method: 

Heat the butter and oil in a saucepan. Add the mushrooms, garlic and spring onion and cook for 3 minutes or until softened. 


Mix in the stock and cook for a further 5 minutes. Add the cream and nutmeg and season well. 

Blend until mixture is frothy and serve hot with a side of garlic bread for dipping. 


No comments:

Post a Comment