Sunday 12 January 2014

Welcome to My Gluten Free Kitchen

I love to cook and I love to eat. I always have and probably always will. I would say that cooking and baking are at the top of my hobbies list and I could spend hours flicking through recipe books for ideas, even though I never quite follow a recipe book to the precise measure but tend to change recipes according to my taste. 

My name is Mikaela, I am 25 years old and I am a coeliac. I was mortified when I was diagnosed as such and for a while struggled somewhat to accept this way of life. I would avoid gluten for a few months, then one day crack and decide to binge on any bread, pizza or cakes that I could find - not very clever at all. 


As a New Year's resolution I've decided that I'm not going to let that happen any more and that I have accepted that I am a coeliac for life. With quite a bit of research over the past few days I've found out that there is actually a lot more that I can eat then I thought there was. Cooking for me is more of a passion rather than a hobby, and being quite creative in the kitchen I'm confident that if I set my mind to it I will never run out of meal ideas or get bored of eating the same thing. 


In order to encourage me to keep up the gluten-free lifetsyle, I've decided to write this blog. First of all, I'd love to be able to share my recipes with the rest of you who either must or choose to follow a gluten free diet. Secondly, I'm pretty sure that knowing that you are reading this and trying out my recipes, this will inspire me to continue to be creative in the kitchen and come up with new ideas not only for me, but also for you. 

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment