Monday 3 March 2014

Chorizo & Potato Omlette

As mentioned in one of my previous posts, my brother only ever wanted to eat pizza, egg or potatoes when growing up. Actually, he still pretty much lives on the same diet today, with a few other foods added in with extreme effort after he got married. 

As a result of this, my mother would often prepare Spanish Omlette for dinner. Although Spanish food was never really popular at home, this dish was one of my brothers favourites, and so we used to eat it quite often. Admittedly, I love this dish. It is simple and easy to prepare yet so delicious. Although my brother used to request the simplest version of this, with only egg and potato, I like to spice it up a bit by adding some chorizo, onion and herbs. 

Really and truly, you could add anything you like to it. Sometimes I add peppers or chillies, other times I add mushrooms. It's a case of personal taste really, however I find the below version to be my favourite! 

                                                 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 


Ingredients: 

- 1 tsp olive oil 
½ onion, sliced 
- 65 g Chorizo sausage, chopped 
- 150 g cooked sliced potatoes, cooked
- 1 tsp parsley, chopped 
- 3 eggs, beaten 
- chopped parsley
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper to season 



Method: 

Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the sliced onion and fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft. Add the chopped chorizo sausage and fry a further 2 minutes until it begins to crisp. Stir in the cooked sliced potatoes and mix to combine and to prevent sticking. 

Beat the eggs together with the parsley, Parmesan and season well. Pour in the egg mixture and let cook for 2-3 minutes. Place under a hot grill and cook until golden brown. 

Turn out and serve cut into wedges. 



No comments:

Post a Comment